March 17, 2011
How very fortunate I am that the Universe makes sure I get plenty of lessons in humility. 😐
It was my turn to contact one of our clients with questions. I chose to do so via e-mail and CC’d my sister WordQueen so everyone could stay in the loop. This would have been a complete non-event had not WQC informed me that I’d typed my phone number incorrectly.
I’m doing my best to see all the positives that arose from this mistake.
- Lesson in humility: check.
- Reminder to proofread everything, even—or maybe especially—very familiar information: check.
- Confirmation that no communication with clients is insignificant: check.
- Realization that I can choose to not take myself too seriously: check.
- Gratitude that we attract clients who expect high quality, not perfection: check.
- Development of an optimistic perspective (“Oh, look! Correcting that mistake is another chance to connect with our client!”) : check.
- Practice in not turning molehills into mountains: check.
Who knew one little numeral could be such a good teacher?